Sunday, October 12, 2014

{day 12} in a small city

Yesterday I featured The Pumpkin Festival in Milton, WV. 
Today we will head just a mile or so down the road to Cooper Family Farm Corn Maze!
This place has been one of my personal favorite places to go for the last few years. I think we have gone every Fall since I was in high school! 

The farm used to consist of only the corn maze, but has grown to include activities for the kids (corn box rather than sand box, corn hole, fire pits for s'mores making, etc), a pumpkin patch, and (for the first time ever this season) a zip line! 

We took a group from church a few weeks ago. The weather was perfect and we had a blast! 



You park in a school parking lot, and a tractor comes to take you back to the maze. Its a fun, bumpy ride back through the muddy field.

This was before we went through the maze. Doing it with children sure is different than when I did it in high school and college. 
There are several options on your clues throughout the maze. 
We went with Bible trivia which was way to simple. We have also used the "interactive" clues before, which is really fun. There are 10 "decision points" throughout the maze and at each one you have to answer the corresponding question correctly to go the right way. 


I mentioned the zip line.
We decided to do it. I haven't done anything like that in a really long time! I love the adrenaline rush of these types of things, but I really hate heights! On the way up to the platform, I was freaking out...but once I got strapped in and lifted my feet off the floor and took off, it was a blast! 
Side note: I think its important for mommas to do things like this every once in a while. I haven't done much "fun" for me in a while (at least not that kind of fun) and it really was amazingly fun!

Hubs go stuck on the zip line. They've never had that happen before! Leave it to him! 
There are actually three lines, so this was on his second run. Thankfully it was this one because it was lower to the ground that the first line.



We had so much fun with a big group of our friends! 
After that we headed to a friend's house for a big cookout. It really was a picturesque Fall evening...complete with a fire and marshmallows to roast!

Did you know this is {day 12} in a 31 day series?!?
I'm linking up with The Nester and others in the Write31Days challenge!
Go check out the other blogs and check back here tomorrow for another "day in a small city"









Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...